Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Narrated Slideshow

In my search to find a narrated slideshow, I landed at the AP website.  I found a very captivating slideshow on the realities of the War in Iraq.  The civilians living in a world of destruction are rarely thought about.  However, this slideshow shines light on the hardships that Iraqi widows face day in and day out.
The images shown throughout the slideshow demonstrate the sadness these women feel.  The narration adds further information and the captions really show exactly what is going on. All the images are very real and envoke a sense of reality.
I think the best part of the slideshow is that you hear a story.  Even though the story doesn't relate directly to the photos, you can still tell the severity of the issue.  The only aspect I didn't like was the background noise in the narration; if you listen closely you can hear people talking and phones ringing.
Overall, this is a very powerful slideshow.  It really got me thinking about why we are in Iraq in the first place ruining all these people's lives.
Check it out: http://hosted.ap.org/specials/interactives/_international/iraq_widows/index.html

No comments: